Invisalign is a method for straightening teeth. A growing number of people are choosing this instead of the traditional metal braces.
In recent years, the field of orthodontics has witnessed a revolutionary shift with the introduction of Invisalign, a modern alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign has gained immense popularity for its discreet and comfortable approach to straightening smiles.
But how does this innovative treatment work its magic?
Basics of Invisalign
Invisalign is a teeth-straightening system that employs a series of clear, custom-made aligners to gradually shift the teeth into their desired position. Unlike traditional braces with metal wires and brackets, Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, making them an attractive choice for individuals seeking a more discreet orthodontic solution.
A radiant smile may boost confidence and leave a lasting impression. Thanks to advancements in dental technology, achieving that perfect smile is now more accessible than ever. Book a session with your dentist near Bridgeland to learn more.
What the Aligners are Made of
Every pair of aligners that a patient receives is fashioned from medical grade plastic. This material is virtually invisible, making them an attractive alternative for those who want to undergo treatment subtly. Additionally, the plastic is very flexible, making it easy to shape in accordance with your oral dimensions. It is biocompatible, so it will not cause any irritation or inflammation.
Details of the Process
Step 1. Consultation and Treatment Planning
- The journey begins with a consultation with an Invisalign-trained orthodontist or dentist. During this appointment, the professional will evaluate your teeth and discuss your goals for treatment.
- Advanced 3D imaging technology, such as iTero scanning, is often used to create a digital representation of your teeth, allowing for precise treatment planning.
Step 2. Customized Aligners
- Based on the treatment plan, a series of custom-made aligners is created specifically for your teeth.
- Each set of aligners is designed to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position over time.
Step 3. Wearing the Aligners
- You will wear each set of aligners for about 20-22 hours a day, removing them only for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
- Approximately every one to two weeks, you will progress to the next set of aligners in the series.
Step 4. Regular Check-Ups
- Periodic check-ups with your dentist are scheduled to monitor your progress and provide you with new sets of aligners.
- These check-ups are essential to ensure that the treatment is on track and adjustments can be made as needed.
Step 5. Completion of Treatment
- Once you have completed the series of aligners, you will be amazed at the transformation of your smile.
- Some patients may require additional refinement with retainers to maintain the new alignment achieved by acquiring Invisalign near you.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Discreet Appearance – Because Invisalign aligners are almost undetectable, you can get your teeth straightened without anyone noticing that you’re receiving orthodontic treatment.
- Removability – Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners can be removed, making eating, brushing, and flossing more convenient.
- Comfort – The smooth plastic material of Invisalign aligners is designed for comfort, unlike the stiff wires and brackets that come with traditional braces.
- Easy to Maintain Dental Hygiene – Since you can slip out your aligners, it is much easier to maintain good dental hygiene and by doing so, the chances of cavities or infection arising, which can interfere with your progress, significantly decreases.
Don’t Wait Any Longer to Get Your Dream Smile!
Take Invisalign into consideration if you want to achieve your ideal smile without sacrificing your way of life. The field of orthodontics has a bright future ahead of it, full of more technological advancements that should improve dental care.
If you’re considering orthodontic treatment, reach out to Crescent Heights Dental Clinic to unlock the smile of your dreams.